Hydro Innovations was among the very first to offer water cooled garden solutions, and gained a great following with popular products like their Cool Coils, and Ice Boxes. These cleverly simple products can provide dramatic energy efficiency and cost savings when coupled with high performance water chiller systems from ChillX and Chillking. Hydro innovations warranties their units for 90 days.
Hydro Innovations - Ice Box Inline Heat Exchangers
Install this chilled water heat exchanger on the exiting duct flange of your reflectors and eliminate the heat generated by your lighting. Seal up the garden and turn off the A/C! Using chilled water for cooling is significantly more efficient than traditional methods. Simply circulate chilled water through the heat exchanger(s) and let your fans recirculate the air in the space. The 6" version can handle up to 4,500 BTU of cooling and the 8" version can handle up to 6,500 BTU of cooling. Install either on your reflector for consistent heat exchange, or use the optional wall mount kit to simply recirculate the air in the garden through your icebox in place of traditional air conditioning. Use in conjunction with the Ice Box Thermostat to control the fan speed and get cooling only where and when you need it. Ice Boxes are great for gardens with 1-6 reflectors. If you have more than 6 reflectors, check out our 2 ton and larger air handlers.
- Engineered for maximum efficiency
- Allows you to keep a sealed room which keeps your CO2 in and pests and pathogens out
- Water approximately 10 degrees cooler than the room temp will eliminate the bulb heat from a 1000 watt lamp
- Water approximately 20 degrees cooler than the room temp will reduce or even eliminate the need for A/C
- Can be connected directly to the reflector or can be wall mounted with optional wall mount kit
- Greenhouse heating & cooling
- Inline heating and cooling
- Commercial "spot" cooling/heating
- Small area / zone climate control
- Industrial process tunnels
BTU Rating: 6,500 BTU (per Hydro Innovations' website)